The KNUST Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis (LISA) of the College of Science in collaboration with the LISA2020 Network and USAID, invites application to its maiden workshop on “Building Capacity of Female Scientists in Data Analysis for Decision Making and Strategic Planning” from qualified females.
The training workshop is designed to build data analysis and interpretation capacity for policy, decision making and strategic planning. It is also to develop leadership skills and provide a mentoring platform for women drawn from the fields of Health, Environmental Science, Physical Science and Engineering. Thus creating institutional statistical analysis and data science capacity to enable and accelerate local solutions for local development challenges.
- Call for participation: February 15th – 15th March, 2019
- Workshop I, first session (Resident): 1st - 5th April, 2019
- On the job evaluation: June, 2019
- Workshop II, second session (Resident): 4th - 8th November, 2019
- LISA Centre, Third Floor, Casely Hayford Building, KNUST
- use data to answer practical questions
- translate insights into actionable recommendations
- communicate clearly and persuasively with decision-makers
- certificate of participation